Sketching // a progression from first to last.



I'm currently taking a sketching and drawing course here in Florence.  Freehand sketching and drawing...no straight-edge permitted.  I believe I came into this course okay at sketching, but having never devoted much time to it, I've never developed a drawing language, a style, of my own.  This course, if worth anything, is at least worth that, and I think I'm finally coming into one....or at least on my way.  

The first sketch (of the Piazza della Santissima Annunziata) was interesting.  It was our first class, and with no direction we were asked to sit and sketch.  Since class is 2 1/2 hours, I technically finished my sketch in about half the time but continued to render and render until I ended up with a fairytale-like scene of the piazza.  You learn from your mistakes.  

More to come.

0 comments: